- To open your start file, in Flash select File > Open and navigate to the file:
- In Windows, browse to boot drive\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash 8\Samples and Tutorials\Tutorial Assets\Basic Tasks\ Presentation with Screens and double-click presentation_start.fla.
- On the Macintosh, browse to Macintosh HD/Applications/Macromedia Flash 8/Samples and Tutorials/Tutorial Assets/ Basic Tasks/Presentation with Screens and double-click presentation_start.fla.
Note: The Presentation with Screens folder contains completed versions of the tutorial FLA files for your reference. The document opens in the Flash authoring environment.
- Select File > Save As and save the document with a new name, in the same folder, to preserve the original start file. As you complete this lesson, remember to save your work frequently.
- Select Window > Workspace Layout > Default to configure your workspace.
Flash Professional 8 offers a new way to create presentations with slide screens. If you can imagine placing media on slide screens, adding nested slides that inherit media from other slides, and using the built-in controls to navigate through the slides at runtime, you've imagined exactly how easy it is to create a presentation with slide screens.