Lesson 1: Printers
Printers are considered standard PC components; they are often bundled with computers and sold to consumers as part of a complete package. The most common add-ons, printers are manufactured in several popular forms. Like other devices, each type has unique advantages and disadvantages. This lesson covers all types and aspects of printers.
After this lesson, you will be able to:
Estimated lesson time: 45 minutes
- List the various types of printers and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Possess a working knowledge of laser printers.
- Troubleshoot printer problems.
- Identify the differences between parallel and serial printers.
- Understand expansion cards and how to use them.
Before You Begin
Because the devices discussed in this tutorial are connected to the computer by means of expansion buses, it is suggested that you review Tutorial 10. Specifically, you should be familiar with the different types of expansion buses and how to configure IRQs and addresses.updated