- To open your start file, in Flash select File > Open and navigate to the file:
- In Windows, browse to boot drive\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash 8\Samples and Tutorials\Tutorial Assets\Basic Tasks\ Presentation with Screens and double-click presentation_start.fla.
- On the Macintosh, browse to Macintosh HD/Applications/Macromedia Flash 8/Samples and Tutorials/Tutorial Assets/ Basic Tasks/Presentation with Screens and double-click presentation_start.fla.
Note: The Presentation with Screens folder contains completed versions of the tutorial FLA files for your reference. The document opens in the Flash authoring environment.
- Select File > Save As and save the document with a new name, in the same folder, to preserve the original start file. As you complete this lesson, remember to save your work frequently.
- Select Window > Workspace Layout > Default to configure your workspace.